The Classical Tiroir Display Chessboard offers luxury at a affordable price. The veneered Chessboard has a satin finish and comes in two sizes:
1.75″ Squares with an overall size of 17.5″ x 17.5″ x 4.5″.
2.25″ Squares with an overall size of 22.5″ x 22.5″ x 4.5″.
Unlike traditional Chessboards that require a separate box for piece storage, the Classical Tiroir Display Chessboard features two drawers with individual compartments for piece storage. Each drawer will hold 34 Staunton Pattern Chessmen (**Recommended – 3.25″ King or less for the 1.75″ square Tiroir and between 3.5″-3.875″ King for the 2.25″ square Tioroir) and has an additional compartment for holding draughts (checkers).
THE FITTED DRAWER COMPARTMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS….
With 2.25″ Squares
– King and Queens spaces measure at 6.0″ x 2.75″
– Rook/Bishop/Knights spaces are 3.375″ x 1.625″
– Pawn spaces are 2.75″ x 1.5″
With 1.75″ Squares
– King and Queens spaces measure at 4.75″ x 1.75″
– Rook/Bishop/Knights spaces are 2.875″ x 1.5″
– Pawn spaces are 2.25″ x 1.265″